Data Engineer, Business Intelligence
As a Business Intelligence Data Engineer, you are a full stack data engineer that loves solving business problems. You work with business leads, analysts and data scientists to understand the business domain and engage with fellow engineers to build data products that empower better decision making. You are passionate about data quality of our business metrics and flexibility of your solution that scales to respond to broader business questions.
ccording to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, (BLS), business intelligence analysts, also known as computer systems analysts, aid business managers in making decisions by creating summary reports that discuss a company’s current standings. Job openings for computer systems analysts, of which business intelligence analysis is a part, are expected to grow by 21% between 2014 and 2024, according to the BLS. The BLS also reports that the median annual salary for computer systems analysts was $85,800 as of May 2014.
In most industries, BIAs work with department managers to verify data input procedures. After creating and implementing programs that cross-examine data from all departments, BIAs then present their condensed findings to top executives by means of live presentations or printed reports.
What you’ll do :
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use-cases and translate these to data products
- Explore new technologies and learn new techniques to solve business problems creatively
- Think big! and drive the strategy for better data quality within Pinterest
- Become the voice of business within engineering and of engineering within business
- Collaborate with many teams – engineering and business, to build better data products.
What BA looking for :
- Over 5 years of experience with big data (Hadoop, Hive, Presto), scripting language (Python) and data visualization (Tableau, D3) technologies
- Hands-on experience in data modeling, data visualization and pipeline design and development
- Prior experience working with business stakeholders, in a consumer technology space is a plus
- Great communication skills. You should be able to directly communicate with senior business leaders, to embed yourself with business teams and to present solutions to business stakeholders
- Experience in working independently and driving projects end to end, strong analytical skills